Traffic congestion is rising at an alarming rate around the world. Cities and towns are facing
traffic-related challenges, from improving safety to addressing traffic management and enabling enforcement mechanisms. Advanced traffic management technologies can improve safety and significantly decrease traffic congestion levels.
At EFKON India, we have products and solutions for intelligent transportation and mobility control in the cities, including traffic light controllers, electronic enforcements, identifying hot-listed vehicles, command centres for complex monitoring, traffic counting, vehicle classification, travel time calculation, and adaptive traffic management.
Intelligent Traffic Management Systems (ITMS)
Intelligent Traffic Management System (ITMS) enables users to be better informed and to make safer, more efficient, coordinated, and smarter use of transport networks. It is defined as an advanced application that aims to provide innovative solutions related to different modes of transportation and traffic management.
ITMS creates a perfect platform for addressing traffic-related issues faced by traffic management authorities, in terms of predicting an optimum route, reducing average waiting time, traffic congestion, travel cost, and the extent of air pollution. The system aims at using artificial intelligence algorithms for predicting optimum routes based upon traffic mobilization patterns, vehicle categorization, accident occurrences, and levels of precipitation.
ITMS product portfolio includes:
- Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR)
- Electronic Enforcement Systems (EES)
- Red Light Violation Detection (RLVD)
- Speed Violation Detection (SVD)
- Video Incident Detection System (VIDS)
- Video-based Automatic Traffic Counter and Classifier (ATCC)
- Adaptive Traffic Control System (ATCS)
- Other systems such as Emergency Call Box (ECB) and Public Address Systems (PAS), City ERP, Integrated Command and Control Center (ICCC), Video Management Systems (VMS), etc. complement the core solutions outlined above to provide a comprehensive and robust ITMS solution
The ITMS suite provides a wide range of benefits, such as:
Reduction in Stop and Delays at Intersections
Speed Detection and Control
Travel Time Improvement
Integrated Control and Command Centre (ICCC)
EFKON India’s ICCC mostly acts as the ‘central nervous systems’ for traffic operation management, day-to-day monitoring, surveillance, and disaster management. ICCC is responsible for Smart Governance (portal and mobile application), Utility Management Systems, Intelligent Transport Management Systems, Surveillance System, Data Centers, and the Smart Network. Thereby,
- Establishing a unified Command and Control Centre to view and assess various city parameters
- Enabling city administrators to make informed decisions based on real-time data available